Monday, August 10, 2009

Possibly Maybe

Thanks to working all the time and never having money, the STi has been living in a constant blur of daily life with no excitement on the horizon. I hardly had time to keep it clean, let alone mod it. Well, hopefully things will be improving. Benefits of this long dry stretch; refinement. I've used the time to seriously weigh some changes that will be coming for the car, most notably the rear spoiler. I've half-heartedly debated this off and on with friends for some time, but I've made a decision*. My options here are more or less two-fold, but in typical fashion, not really even that easy. The basic decision is between an S203 spoiler or an S204; the defining difference is the latter has solid non-adjustable feet and a third brake light.


So here is where it gets complicated, the S204 version is a little sleaker, since it was designed for the hawk eye STi front, this may work for or against me. Also, the S204 is made to order from Subaru. This means $. Actually it means $$$$, or enough to buy the other, a really nice [read:dry carbon] trunk to put it on, and paint it, and maybe have some left over. Why is the S203 cheap? I have to buy a replica. A replica : ( replica. ugh. That idea disgust me but the spoiler is not obtainable, and if I could find one, it would be just as expensive or more than the S204 version because of its rarity. So here are my options:

1. Buy an S203 replica spoiler
2. Buy an S204 spoiler
3. Buy an S203 replica and fabricate non-adjustable mounting for it [that's the only part I don't really like]
4. Buy a real S203 spoiler and be the one and only.

Seems obvious that 2 has a tough time in those options.


*this star indicates a realization of irreversalbe and confindent mental action that promotes action; which should be illustrated by a double star [**] to show excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment