Thursday, August 6, 2009

International Hachi Roku Appreciation Day!

For those of you that don't know, today marks a world wide celebration of the AE86, or the Hachi Roku. Whether seen as drift paraphernalia or Toyota's masterpiece, few cars can support the cult addiction that the Corolla GT-S has gained. In honor of todays celebration I'm posting my personal favorite AE86, the Dan'sToy Levin. If I could have one car, without any limitations, this would be a serious contender in my selection. While the battle between ITB NA builds vs. turbo motors raged, this father/son build [Dan Quiambao and Jedisson de las Llaga along with the famed P.J. Bonifacio] stunned the community and did both. When something didn't exist, it was fabricated and fabricated beautifully. It may not be the most pure or the most crazy, but I haven't seen any AE86 build that can touch this for quality. I stand amazed on this one, I can just open one of the pictures and smile at the results of focus and work.












No comments:

Post a Comment