Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shooting the Warmth of History

Recently Ashley and I took a trip with our friend Jenni to a local antique mall. Amidst the treasures, horrors, and mindless items we managed to find a gorgeous bistro set for our porch but more interestingly an entire alcove devoted to cameras. Now when I say dedicated to cameras I mean that in the purist sense, while there were some digital offerings film based machines exceeded them 30-fold. Why does that matter, well because out of that alcove I snagged this: DSC_3900
That's rights a Minolta SR-T 202. Though a had been trying to find a Pentax, which he also had, you just cant beat this camera for build quality and usability. Plus its virtually indistinguishable from the more expensive Pentax film to film. So wait, I have an amazing digital slr and I just bought a 40 year old film camera with a fixed lens out of a flea market and antique store? Yes I did, and its been amazing. Ever since I started practicing photography I have been enamored with light and try to fill my images with as much of it and its subtle coloring as I can. And frankly the best efforts with my Nikon pail in comparison to just the first round out of the Minolta. Plus it appeals to my love of bokeh [the aesthetic quality of out of focus light] like nobody's business. And with that said, on to round one.
FH000001
FH000003
FH000006
FH000019
FH000020
FH000021

1 comment:

  1. Man these have such a romantic appeal with the focus play you've got going here. Especially this last one.

    ReplyDelete