Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To The Sea

Took the love of my life to the sea this past weekend. It was a wonderful break from the anxiety of work / work / remodel planing / needing to unpack / work that had drained us so. About ten minutes into the trip we realized our fm broadcast/charger for the ipod was broken necessitating a stop at an incredibly country Wal-Mart [yes more than usual] to buy a new one. Lots of interesting looks ensue. For some reason we gather the most curious attention in rural Alabama. Alongside that detour was a first for both of us, a stop at good ole McDonald's. Being our only choice for coffee until arrival near the shore, we decided to bite the bullet. All in all it wasn't bad, just creamy, but you gotta have some fat to absorb that vitamin D right? The drive was super nice, the Versa more than proving itself over the three hours and we managed to get to the beach in Alabama, from Alabama, through Florida; but also we found the most winding, varied elevation beach road I have ever seen while electric Dylan filled the ears. Once we arrived at the condo we had a fairly marvelous pod coffee maker and heaps of Nantucket blend [I don't know either] to keep us active. I'm a bit burned but I do love a nice day resting alongside the Mrs. lost looking at the rolling ocean. I'm looking so forward to Charleston for our two year anniversary, and seem to find myself more and more enamored with the atmosphere of "the road trip." I love the feeling, hurled over pavement in density of love, the thickness of connection with the passing creation, the mechanical providence and reliance, and the overarching love bridging the few feet between myself and my best friend.

























1 comment:

  1. you guys are awesome. srsly.

    and those are some incredible pictures fo real.

    and I know it makes me weird for noticing this, but in the pic of you guys together...I can't help but notice the utter lack of chromatic aberration. what a camera.

    ReplyDelete