Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home-Life

Sorry for the complete absence of updates, the process of buying a house, working on said house, starting a new job, and realizing that I need to purchase an unending list of things for the house has rather overwhelmed even the normal consistency of busy-life. I can't wait for things to stabilize, and hopefully they will over the coming week. Aside from doing lots of interior painting that I have no pictures of, I spent Saturday taking care of the yard. Being a home owner has been such a blessing so far, I love owning an actual space that needs and reflects the care and ability you put into it.

Lately I Ashley and I have been talking a lot about the concept of the home in America. I hate the idea of a "starter home." When did we become so insatiable that even the goal of home ownership wasn't enough, just a gateway to reaching further and further over your means until you acquire the conspicuous, and almost by standard unattractive, modern dwelling in an upscale neighborhood full of people you don't know. I can't say for certain but we feel strongly that if possible we would like to be here for the long haul. I want to have children and have them grow up in an area that cultivates an understanding and embracement of multi economic and multiracial living, as well as a true appreciation and acknowledgment for aesthetic quality. Below are a few pictures of our place, just a scavenging of our yard bathed in that evening sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment