Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thinking Outrageously

So much ground has been covered from my last update.

College is over. For good. Well maybe, but at least for some time. I won't say I will never go back for another degree or graduate school. That alone accounts for some joy to become ink and notate that a four year struggle has come to an end. I wonder if one day I will become sentimental to the point of saying "those are the best years of your life." I certainly hope not, that would undermine the efforts and sacrifices that have been made by Ashley and I. Other conclusions, my internship is now completed as well. I have nothing but goodness for the people at NewSouth. I have immensely enjoyed my time with them and have gained a world of knowledge and experience.

Where is this going, well hopefully to Birmingham. Ashley and I are working on a relocation there under the same blue sky and inside a whole new city. We are both exhausted with Montgomery and its struggles and catches and hang-ups and now our years in the making desire to leave seems fairly obtainable. I've secured a good deal of help from NewSouth in finding some gainful employment inside of their publishing scene. There is talk of a fuzzy possibility with Autoweek as well. Automotive journalism. I can only take that dream so seriously, I would love to claim that title but my needs are overly met with editorial work of most any content.

Hopefully the near future will bring a new career, a departure from Starbucks, and a pleasant low stress move; surely I'm not asking too much. On top of this I plan to keep this blog roughly the same, largely automotive and self journalistic. The only difference should be that it has changing and new content. More or less I see it as an outlet for passionate indulgence. Birmingham should bring a brave new world of street culture; local features will hopefully be a standard over a rarity.

Other news: I'm off work until Monday. Heading to see Bob Dylan tomorrow in Atlanta. Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan. Can't believe that is really going to happen. Even better, heading to the show with the Mrs. and her dad. A good time should be had by all. Saturday is graduation. These four days should rank at the top of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment