Friday, July 3, 2009

I wish vacations came with more vacations

Ever feel like you are on the verge of collapse if things don't slow down a little? Right there with you. I'm so thankful that this internship and class will be over with this months passing. My days have been on a steady decline from hard to completely exhausting. Dreams for the brevity of a 40 hour work week seem almost incomprehensible, August has no idea how great it will be.

Thankfully I was able to take a little bit of breather, Sunday was the one year anniversary mark for Ashley and I, an occasion celebrated with a few days in Savannah. Though I'm not completely set on living there, the two of reached a fairly resolute decision that we wont be staying here in Montgomery starting, well, as soon as we can be employed elsewhere. Just that short trip reminded me how weird of a place this city is, and how much I want/need to resist settling into the warm lull of familiarity. Sure we don't have great jobs to fund our transfer but we don't have great jobs keeping us here either, and that's a little consolation.

One barely related side-note, our trip finally allowed me to measure an honest tank of gas used in interstate travel, I couldn't believe the millage when the fuel light came on:

Not at all bad for a car thats entire purpose is to use fuel and go fast, I have to say I was impressed.

In other news, thanks to a crazy proposition from my father, I am now learning to operate a lightly used Nikon D80. Its incredible how sharp this thing is, hopefully this will lead to an influx of post/pictures, and past that, eventually some good pictures as I figure out what I'm doing. Till then here are two shots from work:

2 comments:

  1. light at the end of the tunnel! woo! ultra-high res pics woo! high mpg race car woo! vacationz with ashmo woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say
    I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
    Can you recommend any other Beauty Guest Post blogs that go over the same topics?
    Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete