Monday, November 9, 2009

Death From Above

So I was preparing to leave my apartment today and seconds before I opened the door I heard a nice deep thump and my car alarm going off. Inquisitive, I ran to the window only to see that a branch had broken from a dead tree behind the garage and fallen through the roof. I was braced for a pretty bad reality but thankfully the tree itself lodged in the rafters though the ceiling collapsed onto the car. After cleaning reasonably cleaning things up the paint is rather worse for wear, as is the roof but thankfully everything is intact and drivable. The front and rear glass are also scratched pretty badly and I seem to have lost a JDM rain visor as an innocent bystander. After all is said and done I'm extremely thankful to have not been in the garage a few seconds early when all this happened; insurance should take care of everything else. Tomorrow I should meet with an adjuster to work out the details. Though a temporary set back, and one not too long after I was rear-ended, I already am eager and excited to have the car back as well as the possibility for improvement. I would have never had the car outside of God providing it and accordingly I have joy in trouble knowing that He is in full control.













No comments:

Post a Comment